Here’s irony for you. The Occupy Wall Street movement spread across the country yesterday, with massive peaceful protests and plenty of mainstream media coverage.
But it sure looks like what has fueled the coverage, after two weeks of being ignored by the media, was the stupid, barbaric acts of police brutality and mass arrests. The cops couldn’t have been more helpful.
Here’s a handy chart Nate Silver put together over at the New York Times:
First it was the flagrant pepper-spraying of completely non-violent female marchers (that even caught some of the police!).
Then it was the manipulative set-up attack on the Brooklyn Bridge marchers – where police first guided the demonstrators onto the roadway, then arrested them for being on the roadway, and swept nearly 700 of them up into the vans and buses they had ready and waiting.
And finally it was the clashes Wednesday night, where police bragged they were going to give their nightsticks a workout, and then waded in swinging against otherwise peaceful protesters and Fox news crews, as the demonstrators picked up the chant from Chicago in ’68, “The whole word is watching!”
Up until the brutality the media had done an exemplary job of completely ignoring the protests. After all, it’s just a bunch of dirty effing hippies, right? Not like the Tea Party, where it was intelligent, mature, solid citizens in the forefront of the protests.
Silver put together this second chart:
Surprised? I’m not. Fox News started pimping the Tea Partiers from the get-go, of course, but it’s more than that – the MSM just doesn’t like DFHs.
That’s been demonstrated in much of the coverage that HAS happened, which has been overwhelmingly “But they don’t know what they want! What are their demands?”
Their demands have been pretty clear: Get corporate control out of government, get corporate cash out of elections, and reign in the banks that have been trampling the middle class under their hooves like mad bulls.
To which the MSM has responded by sticking their fingers in their ears and going “NanananananaCan’tHEEEEEEEAAAAAAR you!”
Maybe now the message will start getting through.
Like what you just read? Like us on Facebook for more updates!
More on Occupy Wall Street:
- Occupy Sesame Street!
- Calvin and Hobbes explain Occupy Wall Street
- Evicted! Mayor Bloomberg brings enhanced interrogation techniques to Occupy Wall Street
- Occupy Wall Street: Mayors play good cop / bad cop; Seattle shutdown?
- Why are they lying about Occupy Wall Street – and why are they getting away with it?
- OWS: Veterans beaten, arrested at Occupy Boston
- Police continue harassment of Occupy Wall Street across the nation
- Does Occupy Wall Street spell the end of the Tea Party?
- Find your local occupation at Occupy Together – now planned for more than 1,000 cities! | Twitter |Facebook
- Atlanta: website | Twitter| Livestream |Facebook
- Boston: website | twitter | yfrog | Livestream |Facebook
- Dallas: website | Twitter| Livestream |Facebook
- Los Angeles: Website | Twitter| Livestream |Facebook | Youtube
- New York: website | Twitter| Livestream |Facebook
- Portland: Website | Twitter|Livestream |Facebook
- San Francisco: Website | Twitter|Livestream |Facebook
- Seattle: Livestream (Video) | website | Twitter |Facebook
- Information about making donations can be found here: nycga.cc/donate