Published on November 13th, 2011 | by Jeremy Bloom0
Can we still afford a clean energy future? Find out in The Story of Broke.
The GOP says we can’t afford clean energy. They say there’s no money left to build the future. But is that really true?
In The Story of Broke, Annie Leonard and her team of wonderful animators (the folks who gave us The Story of Stuff and The Story of Citizens United) bring yet another funky line drawing to life to illustrate the important point: We’re the richest country in the world! Of course we can afford to build a better future! Maybe with enough pressure from Occupy Wall Street we’ll be allowed to make it happen…
Like what you just saw? Like us on Facebook for more updates!
More on Occupy Wall Street:
- Wall Street bought the political process on the cheap
- Bill Moyers: How the 1970s backlash against the environmental movement morphed into today’s class war
- Bill Maher skewers right-wing idiots who hate Occupy Wall Street
- Calvin and Hobbes explain OWS
- Why are they lying about OWS – and why are they getting away with it?
- The real reason Solyndra got government subsidies
- If government subsidies are so bad, why does the GOP love them so for oil and nuclear?
- Why we occupy: David Brin explains that 1957 was NOT better than today (but we could still use a little more change)
- Why we occupy: The Story of Citizens United – Why Democracy Only Works When People Are In Charge