David Brin – MORE cool tech stories
By David Brin
Bowing to the inevitable, I have decided to do my latest dump of amazing miscelklany in handy, tweetable bits, for your convenience! That means both linking and displaying the web URLs. We’ll see if folks like this.
- Here’s what Elon Musk’s new project may look like: http://io9.com/heres-what-elon-musks-secret-project-might-actually-l-793683502
- Chinese anti-pervert stockings. Girls wear these hairy panty hose to deter men with inappropriate intentions. http://bit.ly/18Fx9EW
- Flash Mob – re-enacts Rembrandt’s Night Watch.
- Ten epochal inventors who did not get rich. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23179103
- Existential Star Wars: If Sartre had co-written StarWars! http://bit.ly/177HG8s
- Ten of the scariest aircraft landings caught on video. http://jalopnik.com/the-ten-scariest-aircraft-landings-caught-on-video-866278053
- Like Synthpop electronic music? Try “Drunken Saucer Attack” and others by Talin. https://soundcloud.com/music-by-talin/carpe-noctem
- The great Pitch Drop experiment. Since 1927, only eight droplets of the decade-slow goo have plummeted from funnel to cup. Finally, caught in the act! http://bit.ly/13lRr0x
- All right, this is fascinating. Why are testicles kept in a vulnerable dangling sac? It’s not why you think. http://slate.me/1bZzjmy
Follow my tweets on https://twitter.com/DavidBrin
(Originally appeared at Contrary Brin.)