Aug 7 Michigan Primary: Climate Hawks Vote endorses Rashida Tlaib for Congress (MI-13)
On Tuesday August 7th, Democratic primary voters in Michigan’s 13th Congressional District should vote for Rashida Tlaib.
Rashida Tlaib has true political courage:
- As a state legislator, she took on the Koch brothers’ dumping of petcoke piles throughout the city of Detroit — and won.
- She took on an expansion of Marathon Oil’s refinery — and won.
- She even took on Matty Moroun, one of the richest men in Detroit, to get his high-polluting trucks off city streets — and won.
Rashida Tlaib has signed a pledge to not take money from the fossil fuel industry.
“Her roots in social justice and activism are a good fit for the district. She pairs progressive politics with policy know-how; a commitment to social justice with a reputation for solid delivery of constituent services; she’s not afraid to unleash fiery rhetoric, but she can also deploy an easy charm that allows her to forge unlikely working relationships with her ideological opposites.”
- Click here to hear directly from Rashida.
- Click here if you need to find your Michigan polling location.
- Click here if you want to volunteer directly for Rashida Tlaib’s campaign.
- Click here to donate to Rashida Tlaib’s campaign and support Climate Hawks Vote as we work to elect more climate leaders.
- Click here to receive updates from Climate Hawks Vote with actions you can take to protect the climate.
Make calls: https://t.co/JF8NfdmAgW
Knock doors: https://t.co/K93YrBG8a3
— Rashida For Congress (@RashidaTlaib) July 31, 2018