Don’t mess with Texas? Fossil fuel drilling is making Texans sick (video)
In the summer of 2018, Nexus Media took part in Freedom to Breathe, a cross-country tour that explored how climate change intersects with the racial, social and economic challenges that Americans face every day. We saw firsthand how fossil fuel pollution and extreme weather are damaging communities across the United States, and how ordinary people are organizing to combat the problem.
In Texas, methane leaking from fracking sites is not only heating the planet. It’s also making people ill. Locals have reported headaches, nosebleeds and respiratory problems, and they are calling on fossil fuel companies to clean up their act. Find out more in the video below.
Nexus Media is a nonprofit climate change news service.
Related on Fracking, Fossil Fuel Drilling and Environmental Justice:
- Green New Deal vs Fracking: Big oil wants to scare you with ludicrous numbers (But it just ain’t so!)
- California’s oil and gas regulators get an “F’ grade in environmental justice report
- Fracking has led to a bust for Pennsylvania school district finances
- Clean energy is also about environmental justice and urban action
- Fracking Fail: A glut of gas and a mountain of bad debt
- Natural gas – the rough beast fracking toward Bethlehem
- Martin Luther King Jr. spoke for labor, unions and environmental justice