Renewable Roundup: Organizations that are fighting climate change and global warming
Some of us have stepped up to the disaster. Some want to make it worse. Sitting on your hands is a vote for the latter. Here is some of what is going on to tackle Anthropogenic Global Warming, and some of who has joined the combat. How about you?
Las Organizaciones No Gubernamentales dando la batalla en defensa de un medio ambiente sano vía Energías Renovables/NGOs give battle in defense of a healthy environment via renewable energy
María Colín, Especialista en Derecho Ambiental de Greenpeace México: “Esta batalla judicial es un primer paso para luchar a favor de la democratización de la energía eléctrica, garantizar el derecho humano a Energías Renovables accesibles. De ninguna manera significa defender los intereses de las grandes empresas del sector”
[María Colín, Environmental Law Specialist at Greenpeace Mexico: “This judicial battle is a first step to fight in favor of the democratization of electrical energy, to control the human right to accessible Renewable Energies. In no way does it mean an advocate for the interests of large companies in the sector ”]
No environmental challenge has more potential to alter our world.
The campaign was a wake-up call to the dangers of global warming that gave Americans tools and tips to reduce their carbon footprint.
Our initiatives include:
The influence of American environmental NGOs has evolved significantly … Some, such as Environmental Defense, assumed a leading role in … Government and Environmental Politics: Essays on Historical Developments Since World War II.
This article outlines the important role that can be played by non-governmental organizations (NGOs) in helping to tackle …
Feb 25, 2020 – Accredited organizations to UN Environment: Note: This table was last updated on 25th February 2020.
The Sierra Club is followed by the NRDC and Environmental Defense Fund (EDF). The NRDC has the largest scientific and legal staff among environmental NGOs, … Smaller organizations also show eagerness to do legal battle with business …
Dec 18, 2019 – To fight global warming, consider 6 high-impact, cost-effective, … groups, such as the Environmental Defense Fund or the Sierra Club, because … Clean Air Task Force is a US-based non-governmental organization (NGO) …
- Environmental Defense Fund
- Natural Resources Defense Council
- Union of Concerned Scientists
- Global Warming Policy Foundation
- Climate Action Network
- The Climate Project
- Sierra Club
- Citizen’s Climate Lobby
- Center for Climate and Energy Solutions
- United States National Climatic Data Center
- Green Climate Fund
- Competitive Enterprise Institute
- Extinction Rebellion
- U.S. Global Change Research Program
- George C. Marshall Institute
- School Strike for Climate
- Environmental and Energy Study Institute
- C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group
- Climatic Research Unit, University of East Anglia
- Global Environment Facility
- Global Climate Coalition
- Yale Program on Climate Change Communication
- Hadley Centre for Climate Prediction and Research
and on the Denialist side, there are
- Heartland Institute
- American Legislative Exchange Council
- American Enterprise Institute
- Americans for Prosperity
- Beacon Hill Institute at Suffolk University
- Cato Institute
- Competitive Enterprise Institute
- Heritage Foundation
- Institute for Energy Research
- Manhattan Institute for Policy Research
We will come back to some of these, pro and con.
(Crossposted with DailyKos.)