Shades of Fukushima – flooded Nebraska plant loses power
Will this be our Fukushima? It’s certainly not at the point of being a major disaster yet, but… What turned Fukushima from a crisis to a disaster was the way Tokyo Electric (TEPCO) mishandled its attempts to keep control of their nuclear power plants.
As flood waters rise in the American heartland, it’s disconcerting to see the way a similar scenario is playing out…
Like what you just read? Like us on Facebook for more updates!
More on nuclear power:
- Shades of Fukushima – flooded Nebraska plant loses power
- Fukushima leaks 15 tons of radioactive water
- After Fukushima, Wikileaks points to the disasters waiting to happen
- Japan admits total meltdown, says it was unprepared for Fukushima disaster
- Fukushima radiation found in California milk, fruit, vegetables
- Downwind from the bomb… how we nuked Utah
- Japan melts down, Europe backs off, but US says “Full speed ahead”
- After Japan quake, new questions about nuclear power
- TED Talk: Pro vs Con on Nuclear Energy