If government subsidies are so bad, why does the GOP love them so for oil and nuclear?
We’ve talked quite a bit about subsidies. How Republicans oppose subsidies to help jump-start our clean energy economy on free-market grounds, but don’t seem to care about market forces when it comes to ending massive subsidies for oil, nuclear and coal.
Here’s a pretty thorough debunking of the subsidies question.
Like what you just read? Like us on Facebook for more updates!
More on solar, Solyndra and subsidies:
- House GOP plans new witch hunt over solar bankruptcy
- Big political winner for Dems – Clean energy
- The true story on power – fossil fuels and nuclear get huge subsidies, wind power not so much
- Clean Energy: Yep, China is Seriously Eating Our Lunch
- Voters oppose government support for clean energy? Not so fast…