Movie trailer: The Lorax speaks for the 80 percent (with Zac Efron and Taylor Swift)
They’re actually doing it – they’re making a movie of Dr. Seuss’ marvelous eco-fable, The Lorax.
And while Occupy Wall Street may speak for the 99 percent… of humans in the US (and maybe even on the planet), there hasn’t been much said so far about the 80 percent – which is how much of the planet’s biomass trees represent.
Well, when Danny DeVito speaks, people tend to listen, and Zac Efron and Taylor Swift are almost as cute animated as they are in real life…
Forests may be one of our best hopes to prevent catastrophic climate change, but a wide range of corporate interests continue to destroy them, from Indonesia to China to Canada to Oregon. So this film is very timely.
Watch the trailer… and tell us what you think in comments! Are they doing The Lorax justice? Will you go see it when it comes out in March?
Like what you read? Like us on Facebook for more updates!
More stories a Lorax would love:
- Avatar, Vietnam, and the War on the Trees
- Putting a Price on Nature
- BLM agrees to protect old growth forest in Oregon
- This land is your land – don’t let them trash it!
- Calvin and Hobbes explain Occupy Wall Street
More fun stuff for a progressive weekend:
- Musical interlude: Amanda Palmer sings to OWS
- Sean Lennon and Rufus Wainwright offer OWS material support
- Bill Maher skewers right-wing idiots who hate OWS
- OWS: A short film by Jonathan Demme
- Lemony Snicket explains OWS to those who are confused
- You say you want a revolution? (With video)
- Occupy Sesame Street!
- Movie trailer: The Lorax speaks for the 80 percent (with Zac Efron and Taylor Swift)